The Economic Development Corporation, was voted for Nov 6, 2001 as Proposition 1.
It went into effect April 1 2002, and the City of Bertram received the sales tax revenue
of 0.005% in June 2002. This sales tax is set aside in a separate account in which the
EDC Board members, make the decision of how they want to use these funds. If the
project the EDC Board chooses exceeds $10,000 at that time the board must have
approval from the City Council.
Examples of items EDC Funds may provide:
- Athletic Facilities
- Public Space Improvement
- Entertainment Facilities
- Facilities to promote new and expanded business development
Since the EDC Board was formed, they have improved several area's throughout the City.
Examples of previous projects are listed below.
- The Fence and Rock sign at Johnnie Mae Wheeler Park
- New outdoor furniture and covered area at the swimming pool
- The improvements at the baseball fields
- The statue "Pinky" Wilson at the railroad depot
- Improvement to the business on Vaughan Street
- Finished the paving project on Vaughan Street, business district
- Globe Theater 3phase electricity and sign restoration
- Panther Park fencing and playscape
- Baseball Field awning and playscape
EDC Board of Directors:
|Shannon Barksdale ||Position 1||March 2017 - March 2019||Vice President|
|Pat Turner||Position 2||March 2016 - March 2018||Director|
|Otis MaClay||Position 3||March 2017 - March 2019||Director|
|Jeffery Thompson||Position 4||March 2016 - March 2018||Director|
|Danny Floyd||Position 5||March 2017 - March 2019||President|
|Allison Milliorn||Position 6||March 2016 - March 2018||Treasurer|
|Laurie Long||Position 7||March 2017 - March 2019||Director|
|Crystal Sikes||Alternate 1||March 2017 - March 2019||Director|
| ||Alternate 2||March 2016 - March 2018||Director|